One question we get from contractors often is – “What should I blog about?”
Good question. Let’s see if I can give you a good answer.
A blog is a new format to share “news”. What is “news” is pretty subjective, but that’s the beauty of the internet, if you don’t find a blog or website newsworthy, then you don’t have to read it. That said, if you think something is newsworthy, great, blog about it.
Blog Suggestions for Contractors or Designers –
- Open House – talk about an upcoming Open House you are hosting
- Trade Show – tell people where you’ll be, what contest you’re offering, invite them to come by
- Community Event – talk about one you’re participating in, even if it’s for a favorite charity
- Post Event – after the event is over, talk about what you did, what was interesting, surprising, or even disappointing
- “Green” – it’s the new buzz word. If you’re doing something in this area (a project, your business, your home), talk about it
- Designers – talk about a particularly nice design feature you’ve done, show pictures, talk about how the client loved it, quote them too
- How To – talk about a fairly simple home repair or project that homeowners can do, include pictures or video if you’re ready. It makes you the expert & if they struggle, maybe they’ll call you to take over.
- You – if nothing else, talk about you & what you’re doing, build a relationship with your future clients. If they like you, they’ll hire you.
Hopefully these ideas will give you a start. Go ahead, have fun with it!
Let us know what you’ve blogged about. We’d love to hear about it.